TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program – teach English in Buenos Aires!
TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program. Join our teach abroad program, get TEFL certified with us and teach English in Buenos Aires.
EBC TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program – teach English in Buenos Aires!
Join our teach abroad program, get TEFL certified and teach English in Buenos Aires.
TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina – More information about this vibrant Argentinian city
- Information about Buenos Aires
- What you should bring to the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
- The TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina training centre
- Accommodation options for the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
- Teaching opportunities and pay after successfully completing the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
Take the EBC TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program, get TEFL certified and start teaching English in Buenos Aires!
“City nightlife doesn’t kick off until midnight, when young people can be found in bars and clubs dancing, showing off their finery and staying up until dawn.” Buenos Aires is the capital of Argentina, the 7th largest country in the world. It is an energetic and seductive port city, which stretches south-to-north along the Rio de la Plata and has been the gateway to Argentina for centuries. “Porteños”, as the natives of Buenos Aires are known, possess an elaborate and rich cultural identity. They value their European heritage highly. Italian and German names outnumber Spanish names and the lifestyle and architecture are markedly more European than any other in South America.
So why visit Argentina? The huge metropolis of Buenos Aires is one of the most exciting, charming and fascinating of all South American capitals. It’s an immensely enjoyable place just to wander about, stopping off for an espresso or an ice cream, or people-watching, or shopping, or simply soaking up the unique atmosphere. Its many neighbourhoods are startlingly different and oozing character. Buenos Aires is the country’s gastronomic centrepiece and boasts a frenzied night life that makes it one of the world’s great round-the-clock cities.
Add to this, the Andes, Patagonia and its glacial region, the huge Igazú falls, gauchos, skiing in the southern lake district and not to mention miles of beaches to the south of Buenos Aires and you’ve got a very interesting location to explore.
Buenos Aires weather
Don’t forget that Argentina is in the southern hemisphere so the seasons are reversed, December is in summer and June is in winter.
- Winter – cold (5º to 10º C);
- Spring – pleasant (10º to 20º C);
- Summer – dry desert type heat (20º to 30º C);
- Fall/Autumn – pleasant (10º to 20º C).
Getting around Buenos Aires
Central Buenos Aires is a great place to tour on foot, but like all capital cities it is large, so if you want to go further afield use the public transport.
Public transport is generally safe and efficient. The “Subte” (Subway/Underground) is the easiest to use. It serves most of the city. To go outside Buenos Aires it’s best to use the bus service. Taxis are not that expensive.
You can easily get to our TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program training centre by public transport.
Get TEFL certified in Buenos Aires then get a job abroad teaching English
TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program – a list of what you should bring
When you decide to take the EBC TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program please take note of the following mandatory and recommended items that you should bring so that you enjoy your TEFL course.
Mandatory items for the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program
- Passport and either a round-trip air ticket or a one way ticket with a forward travel ticket out of Argentina.
- Original or copies of your University or College qualifications (degree certificate or transcripts).
Laptop computers while you are taking the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program
- We provide free WIFI internet access and we strongly recommend bringing a laptop.
- If you have a mobile/cell phone that uses a SIM – BRING IT. You will find that it is cheaper to buy a pay-as-you-go card for your phone than it is to buy a new one. Unless your phone is ancient (pre-triband), it will work in Argentina.
- Being contactable by phone is VERY important.
Recommended items for the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you take out personal accident and health insurance;
- Scissors, notebook, glue, pens and pencils, paper clips, blue-tac (don’t forget to put your scissors and other sharp objects in your check-in baggage);
- English-Spanish phrase book and/or dictionary;
- Presentable clothes for teaching and job interviews. Business suits are required at some client sites;
- Electrical converters. Argentina has a 240 volt system;
- A travel alarm clock;
- Towels and Toiletries;
- Money belt;
The Buenos Aires Cathedral, five minutes walk from our TEFL course training centre in Buenos Aires Argentina
TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina training centre
The training centre is located inside the captivating Barolo Palace, a nationally historic building on Avenida de Mayo in west central Buenos Aires.
The area around the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina training centre is one of the most historic in the city, and boasts some of Buenos Aires’s most visited monuments, including various museums, plazas, pedestrian shopping streets, the presidential Pink House (Casa Rosada), the famous Congress building and 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue in the world!
The centre is also conveniently located next to numerous bus and subte (subway/metro/underground) lines, giving you easy access to anywhere in Buenos Aires.
In addition to the teaching rooms, the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina training centre also has a study room where you can do your course work. The centre is equipped with WIFI so, if you bring your WIFI ready PC, you can work in the study room with free internet access. We hope that you are looking forward to your TEFL training in Buenos Aires Argentina.
Happy course groups who took their TEFL course in Buenos Aires Argentina
TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina accommodation
Our TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina student accommodation is clean, well priced and conveniently located to the training centre.
- All student accommodation offered is with a known entity.
- We know the people who provide the student accommodation.
- All accommodation is within a maximum of 30 minutes travel to the training centre.
- Some are within walking distance.
Student accommodation Buenos Aires starting from €625
The package includes:
- 4 week’s accommodation in a shared apartment
- includes airport transfer to your accommodation, cell phone and weekly group activities
- Intercambio Spanish partners so that you can both practice the language you want to learn (Spanish and English)
- FREE Welcome orientation
- FREE Graduation party
- Outings to local restaurants, bars, discos and tango shows
4 week’s accommodation only from €625
The 4 week student accommodation Buenos Aires option is an all inclusive price.
There are no extra fees for utilities, deposits or finders fees. Meals are not included.
This package includes FREE airport pick up.
Choose one of the following:
- Private room in a shared apartment
- Stay with a selected local family
Airport pick up and cell phone purchased separately
- Airport pick-up – 100 USD
Take your TEFL course in Buenos Aires and visit cool cafes and other hangouts
TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina job opportunities
Buenos Aires and Argentina are among South America’s top TEFL destinations
Average pay rates for teaching English in Buenos Aires are between 40 to 60 Argentinean Pesos ($AR) per hour for academies and up to 75$AR per hour for private clients. Your earnings compared to other workers in Buenos Aires are at the higher end. So far, all students that have studied with EBC and then wanted to stay on and work have done so. All graduates from the EBC TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program will be given lifetime job assistance worldwide.
It is easy to find jobs teaching English in Buenos Aires Argentina if you have a recognised certificate
- Buenos Aires has the greatest demand for native English teachers in the whole of Argentina.
- EBC is always being asked for teachers by language schools as early as the first week of a new course.
- All EBC TEFL course Buenos Aires program graduates are usually working shortly after finishing the course at full market rates.
Will I get hired after completing the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina program?
Based on our track record so far, YES you will. We don’t guarantee a job but so far, everyone who has taken the course and has wanted to stay and get work teaching English in Buenos Aires has done so. This is regardless of what passport the person holds.
“It should be understood that while you (EBC) cannot guarantee that everyone will be employed, it’s pretty much going to happen.”
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
We get your CV/Resume out to around 250 language schools in Buenos Aires. We help you every step along the way but we cannot pass the job interview for you.
How long does it take to get a job teaching English in Buenos Aires?
This depends on whether you want to work straight away after graduating. If you want to work straight away, our highly efficient job placement programme will have you interviewing and working within a few days of finishing the course.
How much will I earn?
An average range for starting pay for jobs teaching English in Buenos Aires is between 40 to 60$AR per hour. You can earn more by teaching privately (up to about 75$AR per hour) but you’ll need to make your own arrangements for how and when you get paid by your private students.
What are normal working hours?
Most people work between 20 hours a week. Teaching more than 30 hours a week can get stressful. Working between 20 to 30 hours a week will earn you enough to have a pretty decent life-style.
When do teaching jobs in Buenos Aires start/end? Is it continuous?
The school year runs from March to December. January and February are the summer. There is work available year-round, even in the summer when there are jobs available teaching intensive courses and in summer camps. This is the reality of the current work situation in Buenos Aires. NOTE: The rates we state here are standard rates, some schools may pay more, others may pay less. EBC does not recommend accepting work below these rates unless the school is offering other incentives that make the job offer attractive.
General information about teaching English in Buenos Aires and Argentina
- The demand for English teachers in Argentina remains VERY HIGH and COMPETITIVE.
- Buenos Aires has the greatest demand for English teachers in Argentina.
- There aren’t enough English teachers in Argentina.
- EBC is always being asked for teachers by language schools as early as the first week of a new course.
- EBC TEFL course Buenos Aires program graduates are usually working shortly after finishing the course at full market rates.
- Main job availability regions – Buenos Aires, Mar del Plata, Mendoza, Cordoba, Santa Fe, Salta, La Plata (EBC has contacts with schools in these regions).
- Main types of teaching -Through “academias”: general English, Business English and English for Young Learners.
- Busiest periods – the academic year from March to December.
- Summer jobs – intensive courses, exam preparation, summer camps.
- Qualifications – an accredited TESOL/TEFL certificate.
- Job duration – the full (or what remains of) the academic year.
- Teaching hours per week – 20 to 30.
- Monthly pay – 3,000$AR to 4,000$AR depending on hours worked.
- Freelance work – from 70$AR to 75$AR per hour.
- Average basic monthly expenses – 1,500$AR
Puerto Madero in Buenos Aires Argentina
Want to find out more? Contact one of our Student Advisers
Contact our Advisers
Call Us Toll Free
- USA and Canada call FREE: 1 888 393 4015
- UK call FREE: 0800 845 6719