TEFL course Phuket Thailand program – teach English in Phuket!
TEFL course Phuket Thailand program. Join our teach abroad program, get TEFL certified with us and teach English in Phuket.
TEFL course Phuket Thailand. More information about this exotic town and island
- Information about Phuket
- What you should bring to the TEFL course Phuket Thailand programme
- The TEFL course Phuket Thailand training centre
- Accommodation options for the TEFL course Phuket Thailand programme
- Teaching opportunities and pay after successfully completing the TEFL course Phuket Thailand programme
Take your TEFL course Phuket Thailand program, get TEFL certified and start teaching English in Thailand!
Phuket is a great mix of tropical paradise, sophistication, nightlife and fun. Located approximately 862 kilometres south of Bangkok, Phuket, Thailand’s largest island, is often called the ‘Pearl of the South’. Its limestone cliffs, white powdery beaches, tranquil broad bays and tropical in-land forests contribute to making it Thailand’s most popular island. It’s one of the most renowned diving regions in the world, enjoying a tropical climate with average water temperature of 24ºC (78º F) with an unmatched variety of aquatic life.
The southern beaches of the Island offer superb vistas and some of the most glorious sunsets in the world. Many of the best hotels and restaurants in Phuket and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world are located here.The southern coastline is blessed with magnificent mountains covered with lush jungle forest that stretch out to meet the azure blue sea and are framed with white powder sandy beaches and fringed with coral reefs.
The north part of the island is less developed and gets only a tiny fraction of the visitors to Phuket. The rugged beauty of the northern beaches can only be enhanced by the feeling of having them all to yourself.
Phuket is also a night clubber’s dream. There’s an amazing variety of nightlife venues to choose from. Phuket has a thriving night life and it’s one of the main attractions of the island. There are plenty of places to party including lively Thai style nightclubs with live bands, Western discos with dance music, small beach side bars, sedate pubs.
Getting around Phuket
Phuket is a great place to tour on foot, but there is also local transportation.
Transportation on Phuket is by “tuk tuk ” (adapted motorcycle based transport). There are lots of them. All you need to do is flag one down and tell the driver where you want to go. The price is fixed by destination and it is customary to give around a 10% tip.
You can easily get to our TEFL course Phuket Thailand program training centre on foot or by tricycle.
Get TEFL certified in Phuket then get a job abroad teaching English
TEFL course Phuket Thailand program – a list of what you should bring
When you decide to take the EBC TEFL course Phuket Thailand program please take note of the following items that you must bring and those that are optional, but recommended so that you enjoy your TEFL course.
Mandatory items for the TEFL course Phuket Thailand program
- Passport and either a round-trip air ticket or a one way ticket with a forward travel ticket out of Thailand.
- Original or copies of your University or College qualifications (degree certificate or transcripts).
Laptop computers while you are taking the TEFL course Phuket Thailand program
- We provide free WIFI internet access, so you can bring your laptop and make use of our free internet access. We strongly recommend bringing a laptop.
- If you have a mobile/cell phone that uses a SIM – BRING IT. You will find that it is cheaper to buy a pay-as-you-go card for your phone than it is to buy a new one. Unless your phone is ancient (pre-triband), it will work in Thailand.
- Being contactable by phone is VERY important.
Recommended items for the TEFL course Phuket Thailand program
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you take out personal accident and health insurance;
- Scissors, notebook, glue, pens and pencils, paper clips, blue-tac (don’t forget to put your scissors and other sharp objects in your check-in baggage);
- Presentable clothes for teaching and job interviews. Business suits are required at some client sites;
- Electrical converters. Thailand has a 240 volt system;
- A travel alarm clock;
- Towels and Toiletries;
- Money belt;
Our TEFL course training centre in Phuket Thailand
TEFL course Phuket Thailand training centre
Your TEFL training in Phuket Thailand is given in our TEFL course Phuket Thailand campus in the centre of Phuket. We offer well equipped training rooms and facilities. All rooms are air conditioned with data projectors, audio equipment and white boards. After class you can relax in the study room, surf the internet or watch a movie down in our reception area.
Phuket town is well located for teaching positions, with many schools, polytechnics and two universities. The TEFL course Phuket Thailand training centre is conveniently located in the centre of Phuket town, minutes walk from the bus terminal, shopping areas and old Phuket town. In this historically rich part of town you will find shrines, temples (Buddhist and Chinese), ornate and beautifully preserved ‘shophouses’, quaint cafes, tiny printing shops, impromptu private and public museums.
Phuket City is an exciting mix of old and new. The activity in Phuket City is nearly around-the-clock. In the early morning, monks can been seen walking through the streets on their daily alms round and the markets are busy with restaurant owners buying ingredients for the day’s meals. Non-stop bustle characterizes the daytime, and lasts well into the evening. Nights are reserved for enjoying good company, whether at a restaurant, a disco, a quiet bar, or a combination of all three. We hope that you are looking forward to your TEFL training in Phuket Thailand.
The beach when you take you TEFL course in Phuket Thailand
TEFL course Phuket Thailand accommodation
Our student accommodation is clean, well priced and conveniently located to the training centre.
- All student accommodation offered is with a known entity.
- We know the people who provide the student accommodation.
- All accommodation is within a maximum of 30 minutes travel to the training centre.
- Some are within walking distance.
Best Value – Our Road2Thailand Package
If you take the Road2Thailand you get the TEFL course, four weeks accommodation, Thai classes and a one year Student Visa.
Student accommodation starting from 250 USD
- 4 week’s student accommodation close to the campus
- Shared bathroom, kitchen and living room
- Some rooms have their own bathroom
- No meals are included
- FREE Welcome reception
- Graduation celebration
- Organised outings: town, beach, skin diving, water sports
EBC is providing this service to help you get reliable accommodation without the additional cost of a middle-man. EBC is not responsible for any aspect of any accommodation arranged using these or other services. All Prices are subject to change without notice. Please ensure that you are fully aware of all fees, deposits, payment terms etc. prior to contracting one of these services.
Get TEFL certified in Phuket and teach English in Thailand
TEFL course Phuket Thailand job opportunities
The training centre in Phuket also runs a language school. Subject to availability, you may get offered an English teaching job by the language school at the end of the course.
It is easy to find teaching jobs in Thailand if you have an accredited certificate. Thailand is a great favourite for EFL teachers. With nearly all educational establishments offering English language courses, there are numerous teaching positions available throughout the Kingdom of Thailand.
Schools, colleges, universities, and language schools all employ English teachers in varying numbers.
Our Thai Training Centre has many contacts with local Educational Institutions and Government agencies and is very well paced to assist you in job placement.
So far, all students that have taken the TEFL course Phuket Thailand program and then wanted to stay on and work in Thailand have done so.
It is, however, almost impossible to organize a job in Thailand before going there. Language schools have become stricter, and most will now demand a TESOL TEFL qualification and/or some teaching experience. This is one good reason to choose EBC. We have direct contacts with many language schools. We ensure that your CV/resume is available to potential employers on the last day of the course which should then result in interviews and job offers.
Join our teach abroad program, get TEFL certified and teach English in Thailand
Want to find out more? Contact one of our Student Advisers
Contact our Advisers
Call Us Toll Free
- USA and Canada call FREE: 1 888 393 4015