TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program – teach English in Prague!
TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program. Join our teach abroad program, get TEFL certified with us and teach English in Prague.
TEFL course Prague Czech Republic. More information about this medieval city
- Information about Prague
- What you should bring to the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic programme
- The TEFL course Prague Czech Republic training centre
- Accommodation options for the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic programme
- Teaching opportunities and pay after successfully completing the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic programme
Take the EBC TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program, get TEFL certified and start teaching English in Czech Republic!
Why study, live and work in Prague? – This question really is a no-brainer!
Prague offers fantastic employment opportunities, while the cost of living is really low. Not to mention all the other benefits of living in Prague:
- Architecture and History – In Prague, historic buildings and monuments can be literally found at every turn. Some of them are simply must-sees.
- Culture – Prague has a vibrant cultural life, and there is always something to do or to see, no matter what time of the year!
- Nightlife – Prague is a city that never sleeps.
- Food and Drinks – Traditional Czech cuisine and the world-famous Czech beer alone are worth it.
- Sports and Nature – Prague is a green city, and its citizens are passionate about sports.
- Transportation – Prague boasts a cheap, friendly, and safe public transport system.
- Czech Countryside – Prague is the perfect point of departure for discovering the beauty of the Bohemian lands.
- Travelling across Europe – Thanks to its propitious geographic location, Prague is an excellent home base for making trips across Europe.
- Security and Healthcare – Prague is a friendly and safe city. You’ll have no difficulties communicating in English, and the locals will be happy to help if need be.
Prague is the capital and largest city of the Czech Republic. It represents the political, economic, and cultural center of the country, and has an impact on the entire Central European region. Thanks to its cultural and historical heritage, it firmly ranks among the most important cities in Europe.
Within the Czech Republic and, indeed, the greater Central European context, Prague is a regional labor market of key importance. A number of multinationals have established their regional headquarters in Prague.
The interest of investors in Prague, coupled with the concomitant capacity growth particularly in the service sector, has opened up new job opportunities, including TEFL/TESOL jobs.
- Winter – cold (-5º to 0º C);
- Spring – pleasant (7º to 18º C);
- Summer – warm (20º to 26º C);
- Fall/Autumn – pleasant (10º to 19º C).
Getting around Prague
Central Prague is a great place to tour on foot, but like all capital cities it is quite large, so if you want to go further afield use the excellent public transport. The best value ticket is a monthly travel pass for as little as 20 euros for the whole month. This gives you unlimited access to the subway/underground (called Metro), buses and trams within the greater city area.
Public transport in Prague is both clean and safe. The underground shuts at midnight, but trams and buses go on 24 hours a day.
You can easily get to our TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program training centre by either underground, tram or bus.
Boating on the river at Ceský Krumlov
TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program – a list of what you should bring
When you decide to take the EBC TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program please take note of the following items that you must bring and those that are optional, but recommended so that you enjoy your TEFL course.
Mandatory items for the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program
- Non-EU citizens: Valid Passport (with a valid visa – if applicable).
- EU citizens: either your Passport or your EU national ID card.
- Original or notarized copies of your University or College qualifications (degree certificate or transcripts).
Laptop computers while you are taking the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program
- There is free WiFi in all our classrooms and in the Teachers’ Room. There are computers available in the Teachers’ Room and Classroom 6, but we recommend bringing your own laptop or tablet.
- If you have a mobile/cell phone that uses a SIM – BRING IT. You will find that it is cheaper to buy a pay-as-you-go card for your phone than it is to buy a new one. Unless your phone is ancient (pre-triband), it will work in Czech Republic.
- Being contactable by phone is VERY important.
Recommended items for the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you take out personal accident and health insurance;
- Scissors, notebook, glue, pens and pencils, paper clips, blue-tac (don’t forget to put your scissors and other sharp objects in your check-in baggage);
- English-Spanish phrase book and/or dictionary;
- Presentable clothes for teaching and job interviews. Business suits are required at some client sites;
- Electrical converters. Czech Republic has a 240 volt system;
- A travel alarm clock;
- Towels and Toiletries;
- Money belt;
Riverside bars in a historic setting
TEFL course Prague Czech Republic training centre
Your TEFL training in Prague, Czech Republic is held in our training centre in Central Prague. The centre occupies the first floor of a historic building next to Namesti Miru, one of the most popular squares in Prague.
Numerous trams, several buses and two metro lines make it easy to get anywhere in Prague. St. Wenceslas square, the very centre of Prague, is within 10 minutes walking distance.
Our TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program training centre is located in central Prague so you can get to the old part of the city in about 10 minutes.
In addition to the classrooms, the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic also has a Teachers’ Room with computers, printers, copy machines, free WiFi, kitchenette and more than a thousand resource books for Teaching English as a Second Language. We hope that you are looking forward to your TEFL training in Prague Czech Republic.
Bridge over the Vitava river in Prague
TEFL course Prague Czech Republic accommodation
Our TEFL course Prague Czech Republic student accommodation is clean, well priced and conveniently located to the training centre.
- All student accommodation offered is with a known entity.
- We know the people who provide the student accommodation.
- All accommodation is within a maximum of 30 minutes travel to the training centre.
- Some are within walking distance.
Student accommodation Prague
Accommodation is included in the Gold package and includes:
- 4 week’s student accommodation in a shared flat/apartment (31 nights – from Saturday before the course to Monday after the course)
- The flats/apartments on offer are in respectable areas of Prague.
- FREE Welcome lunch (the best pizza and pasta in Prague).
- FREE Graduation drink
- Outings to local restaurants and and bars
- The 4 week student accommodation Prague option is an all inclusive price.
- There are no extra fees for utilities, deposits or finders fees. Meals are not included.
FREE Airport pick up
- One of our coordinators will pick you up and take you to your accommodation. Please note that if you bring a lot of luggage, you might need to order a taxi at your expense.
Prague’s famous astronomical clock
TEFL course Prague Czech Republic job opportunities
Prague and Czech Republic are among Europe’s top TEFL destinations
Average pay rates for teaching English in Prague are between 9€ to 12€ per hour for private language schools and up to 15€ per hour for private clients.
So far, most students that have studied with EBC and then wanted to stay on and work have done so.
As a graduate of EBC’s TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program, you will get priority for jobs teaching English in Prague that are available with our partner company, one of the biggest private language schools in the Czech Republic.
We offer a six month, full-time contract in Prague with a salary guarantee to all trainees who finish their course with Pass 1. All graduates from the EBC TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program will be given lifetime job assistance worldwide.
It is easy to find jobs teaching English in Prague Czech Republic if you have a recognised certificate
- Prague has the greatest demand for native English teachers in the Czech Republic.
- The UK and Ireland are the only countries in the European Union (EU) where English is the mother tongue. There are not enough native English teachers in Prague, which is why 50% of the people that take our course are NOT from the EU.
- EBC is always being asked for teachers by language schools as early as the first week of a new course.
- All EBC TEFL course Prague program graduates, EU and non-EU, are usually working within two weeks of finishing the course at full market rates.
Will I get hired after completing the TEFL course Prague Czech Republic program?
Based on our track record so far, YES you will.
We offer a six-month, full time contract in Prague with a salary guarantee to all trainees who finish their course with Pass 1.
Everyone who has taken the course and has wanted to stay and teach English in Prague has done so. This is regardless of what passport the person holds. If you’re not from the European Union, check this list of non-EU countries whose citizens can enter the Czech Republic without a visa. We will give you full visa support shall you need it. We get your CV/Resume out to around 200 language schools in Prague and the Czech Republic. We help you every step along the way but we cannot pass the job interview for you.
How long does it take to get a job teaching English in Prague?
This depends on whether you want to work straight away after graduating. If you want to work straight away, our highly efficient job placement programme will have you interviewing and working within a few days of finishing the course.
How much will I earn?
An average range for starting pay for jobs teaching English in Prague is between 9 to 12 Euros per hour. You can earn more by teaching privately (up to about 15 Euros per hour) but you’ll need to make your own arrangements for how and when you get paid by your private students.
What are normal working hours?
Most people work between 20 and 24 hours a week. Teaching more than 30 hours a week is not recommended to new newly qualified teachers. Working between 20 to 30 hours a week will earn you enough to have a decent life-style.
When do teaching jobs in Prague start/end? Is it continuous?
The school year runs from September to June. July and August are the summer. There is work available year-round, even in the summer when there are jobs available teaching intensive courses, in-company courses and in summer camps. This is the reality of the current work situation in Prague. NOTE: The rates we state here are standard rates, some schools may pay more, others may pay less. EBC does not recommend accepting work below these rates unless the school is offering other incentives that make the job offer attractive.
General information about teaching English in Prague and Czech Republic
- The demand for English teachers in Czech Republic remains VERY HIGH and COMPETITIVE.
- Prague has the greatest demand for English teachers in Czech Republic.
- There aren’t enough English teachers in Czech Republic.
- EBC is always being asked for teachers by language schools as early as the first week of a new course.
- EBC TEFL course Prague program graduates, EU and non-EU, are usually working within two weeks of finishing the course at full market rates.
- Main job availability regions – Prague, Pilsen, Brno (EBC has contacts with schools in these regions).
- Main types of teaching -Through private language schools/academies: general English, Business English and English for Young Learners.
- Busiest periods – the academic year from September to June.
- Summer jobs – intensive courses, exam preparation, in-company courses, summer camps.
- Qualifications – an accredited TESOL/TEFL certificate.
- Job duration – the full (or what remains of) the academic year.
- Teaching hours per week – 20 to 30.
- Monthly pay – 850€ to 1,300€ depending on hours worked.
- Freelance work – from 13€ per hour.
- Average basic monthly expenses – 500€
Colourful buildings in a not so grey country
Want to find out more? Contact one of our Student Advisers
Contact our Advisers
Call Us Toll Free
- USA and Canada call FREE: 1 888 393 4015
- UK call FREE: 0800 845 6719