Learn to teach EnglishYour Adventure Starts with an EBC TEFL course.
An internationally recognised TESOL and TEFL Course.
Learn, Travel, Teach and Earn the EBC TEFL way!
Training successful English teachers since 2002.
Why is teaching English a great skill to have?
Knowing how to teach English is a great skill to have because you can use it anywhere. English is the world’s number one language for almost everything. This means that their are millions of people around the world who want to learn English.
If you know how to teach English, you’ll earn a decent wage and be able to work virtually anywhere. It is a skill that opens many doors and is also a satisfying profession.
Who can take the course?
As long as you meet our entry requirements, you can take one of our courses. The entry requirements are as follows:
Online only course: You must be at least 18 years old.
All other courses:
- You must be at least 21
- Have a degree or a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Be a native English speaker or have achieved a C1 English as a foreign language test grade
What will I learn?
In four weeks, you will learn to teach English. When you finish the course you will be prepared for entry into the TEFL profession.
When you graduate you will:
- Be an English teaching professional capable of getting EFL teaching jobs almost anywhere in the world;
- Understand language use and analysis;
- Be knowledgeable of teaching theory and its practical application;
- Know how to manage your classroom;
- Be able to identify student learning difficulties and develop remedial action plans;
- Know how to plan, design, develop and deliver effective lessons;
- Be able to teach in both a TEFL and TESOL classroom environment.
When can I take the course?
You can take the EBC online course any time you want. If you decide to, you could start one today.
The EBC four week TEFL course has scheduled start dates. We run 10 courses a year starting in January. To get the exact start dates, go to the course location where you would like to take the course. We run the EBC four week TEFL course in six countries.
Where can I work?
You will work almost anywhere you wish to work.
Based on your choice, we will train you to specialise in Business English, TEYL (Teaching English to Young Learners), Teaching ESP (English Special Purposes).
We will prepare you to pass TEFL and TESOL job interviews. In Madrid, all those who have wanted to stay and work have done so.
With our worldwide and lifetime job placement programme we will place you in teaching English jobs with our partner schools all over the world. In Madrid alone, we have 327 partner language schools waiting to interview our graduates for their EFL teaching vacancies. We will help organise work visas if they are needed.
Why should I choose EBC?
Most of our students attend EBC because of our unrivaled, guaranteed job placement. Our job placement is second to none and we give you an unrivaled, lifelong commitment to helping you find work.
Some other good reasons are:
- Our classroom course meets the internationally recognised TEFL certificate requirements of at least 100 training hours and 6 hours of observed teaching practice
- We give two certificates in TESOL and TEFL
- Trainers with years of experience
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Many hours of teaching practice (24 on the four week classroom course)
- Regular Teacher/Student interaction and appraisal
- We have higher entry requirements than almost all other schools
- Our courses are designed for teachers by teachers
- We NEVER cancel courses
- High student satisfaction
- Great cities to study and work in
How do I get started?
First you have to decide that you want to train to be an English teacher and then …
- We will review your application and within 2 working days, we will let you know if you have been accepted
- You send your fee, your place is guaranteed and you can start straight away
- Take your TEFL course in one of our international TEFL course destinations or online
EBC TEFL course reviews
International TEFL Locations
Take your TEFL course in one of our international TEFL course destinations or online
EBC offers 4 types of TEFL certificate courses
- 4 week TEFL courses: Learn in our international TEFL course locations awarding full certification
- Virtual Hybrid TEFL courses: Flexible, online learning with virtual teaching practice awarding full certification
- Classroom Hybrid TEFL courses: Flexible, online learning with in class teaching practice awarding full certification
- Online TEFL courses: Flexible online learning awarding online certification
To get you teaching English abroad in the shortest possible time, we include worldwide job placement with all our courses.
Take the EBC online TEFL course of your choice
Blogs, Facebook and Twitter
A class show their appreciation of their teacher, EBC trained Grace Renon. Grace is given a pleasant surprise from her class when they all say thankyou and tell her that she’s a great teacher.read more
Living and Learning in Buenos Aires by EBC TEFL course graduate Mick Alsleben. Mick took his TEFL course in Buenos Aires and writes about his experience.read more