What’s a great way to break ice on your first day of teaching English?
Have fun with animals!
Learning techniques to motivate students is one of the many things a TEFL course can do for English teachers who choose EBC.
Animals can be useful creatures, they provide us with milk, wool, meat etc, but they can also be fun, and not to talk about funny, loyal and caring. Those who have pets know this perfectly well.
There are a lot of jokes about animals, and here are some interactive elephant jokes. (You must match the answers below with the initiating questions.)
- 1. Why do elephants paint their toe-nails pink?
- 2. How do you get four elephants in a car?
- 3. How can you tell that an elephant has been in the refrigerator?
- 4. What time is it when an elephant sits on your car?
- 5. What do you do if an elephant sneezes?
- 6. How do you stop an elephant going through the eye of a needle?
- 7. How do you know if there is an elephant under your bed?
- 8. Why is an elephant large, grey and wrinkled?
- 9. How does an elephant get down from a tree?
- 10. Why did the elephant give up his job with the circus?
- 11. Why can´t two elephants go into the swimming pool at the same time?
- A. So they can hide in cherry trees.
- B. Get out of the way very quickly.
- C. Because if it were small, white and smooth, it would be an aspirin
- D. They only have one pair of trunk between them.
- E. Time to buy a new one.
- F. The ceiling is very close.
- G. Two in the front and two in the back.
- H. You can see footprints in the butter.
- I. Tie a knot in its tail.
- J. It was tired of working for peanuts.
- K. It sits on a leaf and waits for autumn.
With some imagination you can continue and you can swap the elephant with other animals, friends, politicians, celebrities, whoever takes your fancy!