How to get your Spanish student visa documents

Spanish student visa documents

A step by step guide about How to get your Spanish student visa documents

You will have to get your Spanish student visa documents if you want to live and work in Spain through an extended academic programme like the Road2Spain programme.

Road2Spain is a one year programme that allows you to get Trinity CertTESOL or CertPT certified, learn Spanish, learn about Spanish culture and teach English in Spain. The good thing about Road2Spain is that you can choose to study and work in Madrid, Malaga, or San Sebastian.

The other great thing about Road2Spain is that you take your Trinity CertTESOL or CertPT at home in our live-streaming ZOOM virtual classroom. Therefore, you are TEFL certified when you arrive in Spain. If you plan it right, this means that you can arrange your English teaching job before you arrive. You can choose to arrange your job yourself or use the EBC lifetime, worldwide job placement programme

Part of the Road2Spain programme is your one-year Spanish student visa.

This article explains more about your one-year Spanish student visa and what you need to do to get it.

1 – Enrol on the Road2Spain programme

To get started, you must fill out an application form.

The beauty of the Road2Spain programme is that you do not have to commit when you apply. If you know when you want to arrive in Spain, apply for the Road2Spain programme. If you are not sure when you want to come to Spain, apply for your CertTESOL or CertPT course and choose your arrival date later.

We receive your application form and review it. Then, we schedule a mandatory Trinity College London admissions interview with you. One of the questions asks if you have a fixed date when you want to come to Spain or if you want to keep the date open. If you pass the admission interview, you are accepted.

As I mentioned earlier, you do not have to commit to a date for coming to Spain immediately.

2a – Start here if you do not know the date you will come to Spain

Send your payment for your chosen Trinity course and take the course.

When you know your travel date to Spain, let us know and continue to the next section.

2b – Start here if you know the date you will come to Spain

We recommend that you allow three months to get your student visa. You should allow for these three months when you choose your arrival date in Spain. For example, if you wanted to start your student visa process today, plan to arrive in Spain three months for today-

We send you a student visa request form to fill out and return. The student visa request form contains information needed to write the documents that justify your Road2Spain attendance. These are some of the documents you must show when you apply for your Spanish student visa.

Send your payment for your chosen Road2Spain programme in Madrid, Malaga or San Sebastian. If you have not paid for your Trinity course, you must pay for it now.

We send you your Spanish student visa documents from the language school in Madrid, Malaga or San Sebastian. The documents prove that you have paid for and enrolled on a course eligible for a Spanish student visa.

3 – Applying for a Spanish student visa

The first thing you must do is to find your nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate and confirm:

  1. the documents you need to submit
  2. how you submit your documents
  3. any appointments you need to make to go to the Spanish Embassy or Consulate
  4. how to pick up your student visa when it is ready

Make an appointment to see the Spanish Consulate about applying for a student visa. Depending on where you live, you can either call them or make an appointment online. Your appointment may require a face-to-face meeting or a virtual meeting over the internet.

Ask the Consulate for a complete list of what you need to bring. This list will include the following:

  1. Passport: You must show a valid passport that is valid for at least one year.
  2. Proof of financial support: You must show that you have sufficient financial resources such as payslips and bank statements. If this is a challenge, an affidavit of financial support from your parents or a family member is also usually acceptable.
  3. A clean police record: You must show a police report that proves you do not have a criminal record. Depending on where you live, the Police report could take time, so make sure you ask for one asap.
  4. Medical insurance: You must show a medical insurance policy covering your 12 months stay in Spain.
  5. Other items: If you have to show additional documents, e.g. a birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc., make sure you bring them with you.

Most of these documents need an apostille. Make sure that you ask which documents need an apostille. Getting an apostille varies from country to country. There is an apostille fee that you must pay. There are usually companies you can hire to get your documents apostilled.

4 – Attending the student visa interview

Bring all the documents to your student visa interview on the day the Spanish Embassy or Consulate gave you.

Your interviewer will speak to you between 20 to 30 minutes. The Embassy or Consulate will keep your passport for 1 to 2 weeks. After that, you will get an email or a call to pick up your passport at the Embassy or Consulate. Your passport will have a student visa stamp for your one-year stay in Spain.

5 – After you get your Spanish student visa

Your Spanish Embassy or Consulate will inform you when your student visa is ready and how to pick it up. Your student visa a stamp in your passport.

Buy your tickets to Spain. A one-way ticket is okay because you have a one-year student visa.

It isn’t mandatory, but you could also find a teaching job to start when you arrive. You can arrange a job yourself or use the EBC job placement programme.

6 – When you arrive in Spain

When you arrive in Spain, you have 30 days to make an appointment to register your student visa with the Immigration Police and get a TIE card. If you don’t make the appointment, your student visa is revoked. You make the appointment here It is only in Spanish, so you may need to ask for help. Your appointment may be more than 30 days from the day to make it. After you attend the appointment, you will get your TIE card. If you don’t go to the interview, your student visa is revoked.