A Spanish work permit is now included in your Spanish student visa

Studying and working in Spain just got easier for non-EU’s

Spanish work permit: The Spanish Student Visa now comes with work authorisation of up to 30 hours a week and no extra immigration paperwork.

Spain just changed its student visa regulations, it now comes with an automatic Spanish work permit and it is great news.

How it used to be

Before the law changed in July 2022, it was possible to work up to 20 hours a week with a student visa but there was a lot of additional immigration paperwork to go through. This extra paperwork was time-consuming and some schools did not want to do it.

Cue the new law – get rid of that annoying paperwork!

The new law

The new law removes all the old immigration paperwork and your student visa now automatically qualifies you to work up to 30 hours a week.

How about that! You now get more working hours and zero extra paperwork.

The good news does not stop here. You can work for government agencies and private companies either as an employee or self-employed.

Work more hours and earn more

Up until now, foreigners on student visas could only work up to 20 hours a week while studying or training.

The new reforms have increased this range from 20 to 30 hours a week. This is a great benefit to everyone with a student visa. It lets you generate income more easily while studying.

You are now able to work automatically with your student visas

Until now, if you had your Spanish student visa and wanted to work, the company that hired you had to go through a long-winded immigration process just to get you a work permit.

This has changed. From now on, you can work as an employee or self-employed directly with your student visa, without having to go through any painful extra steps.

As long as you are studying and have a Spanish student visa, all of the above applies.

The end result is that if you have a student visa, you can work anywhere in Spain as long as it does not interfere with your studies.

EBC has a student visa programme for newbies and renewals

EBC has been running a successful Spanish student visa programme since 2005 so we know what we are doing.

We offer a one-year TEFL and Spanish language programme that comes with a one-year student visa.

You get:

  1. A one-year Spanish student visa with the right to work up to 30 hours a week
  2. An internationally accepted, recognised and accredited TEFL certificate, the Trinity CertTESOL
  3. A one academic year Cervantes Institute accredited Spanish course
  4. A lifetime, worldwide job placement assistance programme

Extended stay programmes for people not from the European Union

Exclusive study programmes in Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga and San Sebastian that include an accredited Trinity CertTESOL or Trinity CertPT course, a one-year Cervantes Institute accredited Spanish language course and a one-year student visa

You can see that you must work from the same city you are studying so we have four great locations to choose from.

  1. Barcelona
  2. Madrid
  3. Malaga
  4. San Sebastian.

As an FYI, EBC offers the highest quality, lowest cost TEFL and student visa programme in Spain. If you don’t believe it, hit Google and find out.