Boracay and the Philippines are among South East Asia’s top TEFL destinations
Average pay rates for teaching English in the Philippines are around 1,000 USD per month for academies and from 10 to 15 USD per hour for private clients. Your earnings compared to other workers in the Philippines are at the higher end. So far, all students that have studied with EBC and then wanted to stay on and work have done so.
The EBC course training centre in Boracay also runs a language school. Subject to availability, you may get offered a job teaching English in the Philippines by the language school at the end of the course. All graduates from the EBC TEFL course Boracay Philippines programme will be given lifetime job assistance worldwide.
It is easy to find jobs teaching English in the Philippines if you have a recognised certificate
- The Philippines has a high demand for English teachers.
- Many students from other South East Asian countries go to the Philippines to learn English.
- All EBC TEFL course Boracay Philippines programme graduates are usually working shortly after finishing the course at full market rates.
Will I get hired after completing the TEFL course Boracay Philippines programme?
Based on our track record so far, YES you will. We don’t guarantee a job but so far, everyone who has taken the course and has wanted to stay and get a job teaching English in the Philippines has done so. This is regardless of what passport the person holds.
“It should be understood that while you (EBC) cannot guarantee that everyone will be employed, it’s pretty much going to happen.”
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
We get your CV/Resume out to around 250 language schools in Buenos Aires. We help you every step along the way but we cannot pass the job interview for you.
How long does it take to get a job teaching English in the Philippines?
This depends on whether you want to work straight away after graduating. If you want to work straight away, our highly efficient job placement programme will have you interviewing and working within a few days of finishing the course.
How much will I earn?
An average starting pay for jobs teaching English in the Philippines is around 1,000 USD a month. You can earn more by teaching privately (up to about 15 USD per hour) but you’ll need to make your own arrangements for how and when you get paid by your private students.
What are normal working hours?
Most people work between 20 to 30 hours a week. Teaching more than 30 hours a week can get stressful. Working between 20 to 30 hours a week will earn you enough to have a pretty decent life-style.
When do teaching jobs in the Philippines start/end? Is it continuous?
The school year runs from March to December. January and February are the summer. There is work available year-round, even in the summer when there are jobs available teaching intensive courses and in summer camps. This is the reality of the current work situation in the Philippines. NOTE: The rates we state here are standard rates, some schools may pay more, others may pay less. EBC does not recommend accepting work below these rates unless the school is offering other incentives that make the job offer attractive.
General information about teaching English in the Philippines
- Demand for teachers – HIGH
- Main job availability regions – Boracay, Manila, Cebu, Baguio
- Main types of teaching – Usually through language schools teaching General English, Business English and English for Young Learners to citizens of other countries in the region
- Busiest periods – year round
- Qualifications – an accredited TEFL/TESOL certificate
- Job duration – the full academic year or the remainder of the academic year
- Teaching hours per week – 20 to 30
- Salary – Around 1,000 US Dollars per month depending on the number of hours worked
- Freelance work – from 10 to 15 US Dollars per hour
- Average basic monthly expenses – depends on your life style but budget from 200 to 600 USD per month
Join our growing EBC family
To become an English teacher all that is required is some of your time to take one of our EBC training courses. Once you graduate, EBC gives you lifetime, worldwide career support that will get you working quickly and will always be there for you when you want a change.