Buenos Aires information
What you should bring to the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme – a list of what you should bring
When you decide to take the EBC TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme please take note of the following mandatory and recommended items that you should bring so that you enjoy your TEFL course.
Mandatory items for the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
- Passport and either a round-trip air ticket or a one way ticket with a forward travel ticket out of Argentina.
- Original or copies of your University or College qualifications (degree certificate or transcripts).
Laptop computers while you are taking the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
- We provide free WIFI internet access and we strongly recommend bringing a laptop.
- If you have a mobile/cell phone that uses a SIM – BRING IT. You will find that it is cheaper to buy a pay-as-you-go card for your phone than it is to buy a new one. Unless your phone is ancient (pre-triband), it will work in Argentina.
- Being contactable by phone is VERY important.
Recommended items for the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you take out personal accident and health insurance
- Scissors, notebook, glue, pens and pencils, paper clips, blue-tac (don’t forget to put your scissors and other sharp objects in your check-in baggage)
- English-Spanish phrase book and/or dictionary
- Presentable clothes for teaching and job interviews. Business suits are required at some client sites
- Electrical converters. Argentina has a 240 volt system
- A travel alarm clock
- Towels and Toiletries
- Money belt
Weather to help you choose clothes to bring
- Winter – cold (5º to 10º C)
- Spring – pleasant (10º to 20º C)
- Summer – dry desert type heat (20º to 30º C)
- Fall/Autumn – pleasant (10º to 20º C).
Getting around Buenos Aires
Central Buenos Aires is a great place to tour on foot, but like all capital cities it is large, so if you want to go further afield use the public transport.
Public transport is generally safe and efficient. The “Subte” (Subway/Underground) is the easiest to use. It serves most of the city. To go outside Buenos Aires it’s best to use the bus service. Taxis are not that expensive.
You can easily get to our TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme training centre by public transport.
The TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina training centre
The training centre is located inside the captivating Barolo Palace, a nationally historic building on Avenida de Mayo in west central Buenos Aires.
The area around the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina training centre is one of the most historic in the city, and boasts some of Buenos Aires’s most visited monuments, including various museums, plazas, pedestrian shopping streets, the presidential Pink House (Casa Rosada), the famous Congress building and 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue in the world!
The centre is also conveniently located next to numerous bus and subte (subway/metro/underground) lines, giving you easy access to anywhere in Buenos Aires.
In addition to the teaching rooms, the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina training centre also has a study room where you can do your course work. The centre is equipped with WIFI so, if you bring your WIFI ready PC, you can work in the study room with free internet access. We hope that you are looking forward to your TEFL training in Buenos Aires Argentina.
Accommodation options for the TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina programme
Our TEFL course Buenos Aires Argentina student accommodation is clean, well priced and conveniently located to the training centre.
- All student accommodation offered is with a known entity.
- We know the people who provide the student accommodation.
- All accommodation is within a maximum of 30 minutes travel to the training centre.
- Some are within walking distance.
Student accommodation Buenos Aires starting from €625
The package includes:
- 4 week’s accommodation in a shared apartment
- includes airport transfer to your accommodation, cell phone and weekly group activities
- Intercambio Spanish partners so that you can both practice the language you want to learn (Spanish and English)
- FREE Welcome orientation
- FREE Graduation party
- Outings to local restaurants, bars, discos and tango shows
4 week’s accommodation only from €625
The 4 week student accommodation Buenos Aires option is an all inclusive price.
There are no extra fees for utilities, deposits or finders fees. Meals are not included.
This package includes FREE airport pick up.
Choose one of the following:
- Private room in a shared apartment
- Stay with a selected local family
Airport pick up and cell phone purchased separately
- Airport pick-up – 100 USD
- EBC trains and prepares course students to succeed as English language teachers.
- We operate at a higher level than most other courses
- Our TEFL/TESOL certificate courses are written to QCF level 5 standards
- Our job placement programme is unrivalled with a 100% success record