Will I get a job after I complete the course?
Based on our track record so far, YES you will.
We don’t guarantee a job but so far, everyone who has taken the course and has wanted to stay and and get work get a job teaching English in Chania has done so. This is regardless of what passport the person holds.
“It should be understood that while you (EBC) cannot guarantee that everyone will be employed, it’s pretty much going to happen.”
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
We get your CV/Resume out to language schools in Chania. We help you every step along the way but we cannot pass the job interview for you.
Average pay rates for teaching English in Chania are between 10€ to 15€ per hour for academies and up to 25€ per hour for private clients. Your earnings compared to other workers in Chania are at the higher end. So far, all students that have studied with EBC and then wanted to stay on and work have done so.
The TEFL course Chania Greece training centre also runs a language school. Subject to availability, you may get offered a job teaching English in Chania by the language school at the end of the course.
What will I learn?
In four weeks, you will learn to teach English. When you finish the EBC TEFL course Chania Greece programme you will be prepared for entry into the TEFL profession.
When you graduate you will:
- Be an English teaching professional capable of getting EFL teaching jobs almost anywhere in the world;
- Understand language use and analysis;
- Be knowledgeable of teaching theory and its practical application;
- Know how to manage your classroom;
- Be able to identify student learning difficulties and develop remedial action plans;
- Know how to plan, design, develop and deliver effective lessons;
- Be able to teach in both a TEFL and TESOL classroom environment.
Why should I choose EBC?
Most of our students attend EBC because of our unrivaled, guaranteed job placement. Our job placement is second to none and we give you an unrivaled, lifelong commitment to helping you find work.
Some other good reasons are:
- Our classroom course meets the internationally recognised TEFL certificate requirements of at least 100 training hours and 6 hours of observed teaching practice
- We give two certificates in TESOL and TEFL
- Trainers with years of experience
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Many hours of teaching practice (24 on the four week classroom course)
- Regular Teacher/Student interaction and appraisal
- We have higher entry requirements than almost all other schools
- Our courses are designed for teachers by teachers
- We NEVER cancel courses
- High student satisfaction
- Great cities to study and work in
Join our growing EBC family
To become an English teacher all that is required is some of your time to take one of our EBC training courses. Once you graduate, EBC gives you lifetime, worldwide career support that will get you working quickly and will always be there for you when you want a change.