Welcome to EBC’s TEFL course Madrid Spain programme
All packages include our unrivalled EBC exclusive pro-active, world wide, lifetime guaranteed job placement programme and bonus extra teaching material
What you should bring to the TEFL course Madrid Spain programme
When you decide to take the EBC TEFL course Madrid Spain programme please take note of the following items that you must bring and those that are optional, but recommended so that you enjoy your TEFL course.
Mandatory items for the TEFL course Madrid Spain programme
- Non-EU citizens: Passport and either a round-trip air ticket or a one way ticket with a forward travel ticket out of Spain.
- EU citizens: either your Passport or your EU national ID card.
- Original or copies of your University or College qualifications (degree certificate or transcripts).
Laptop computers while you are taking the TEFL course Madrid Spain programme
- We provide free WIFI internet access, so you can bring your laptop and make use of our free internet access. We strongly recommend bringing a laptop.
- If you have a mobile/cell phone that uses a SIM – BRING IT. You will find that it is cheaper to buy a pay-as-you-go card for your phone than it is to buy a new one. Unless your phone is ancient (pre-triband), it will work in Spain.
- Being contactable by phone is VERY important.
Recommended items for the TEFL course Madrid Spain programme
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that non-EU citizens take out personal accident and health insurance
- Scissors, notebook, glue, pens and pencils, paper clips, blue-tac (don’t forget to put your scissors and other sharp objects in your check-in baggage)
- English-Spanish phrase book and/or dictionary
- Presentable clothes for teaching and job interviews. Business suits are required at some client sites
- Electrical converters. Spain has a 240 volt system
- A travel alarm clock
- Towels and Toiletries
- Money belt
Weather to help you choose clothes to bring
- Winter – cold (0º to 10º C)
- Spring – pleasant (10º to 25º C)
- Summer – dry heat (25º to 40º C)
- Fall/Autumn – pleasant (10º to 25º C).
Getting around Madrid
Central Madrid is a great place to tour on foot, but like all capital cities it is quite large, so if you want to go further afield use the public transport. The best value ticket is called the “METROBUS” which gives you 10 one way trips on either the subway/underground or public buses.
Public transport in Madrid is both clean and safe, however it shuts down around midnight (apart from a few night buses) so any travel after that is either on foot or in a taxi.
You can easily get to our TEFL course Madrid Spain programme training centre by either Metro or bus.
TEFL course Madrid Spain training Centre
The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium five minutes walk from our TEFL course training centre in Madrid Spain
Your TEFL course Madrid programme is given in our purpose built, air conditioned training centre right in the heart of Madrid’s “mini-Manhattan” business district.
Our training centre is conveniently located within a 3 to 5 minute walk from the Nuevos Ministerios metro stop or number 27 bus stop. Both public transport stops are on Madrid’s prestigious Paseo de la Castellana.
Local landmarks are the Santiago Bernabeu stadium, home to Real Madrid. The Torre Picasso, the highest building in Madrid and home to many multinationals. The BBVA tower, part of Spain’s national architectural heritage. The Joan Miró convention centre and El Corte Inglés, the biggest department store in Spain. There are also plenty of shops, restaurants, bars, banks (including a Citibank and Barclays), a health club, a catholic church and Madrid’s Holiday Inn.
Our TEFL course Madrid Spain program training centre is located in central Madrid so you can easily get to the old part of the city.
In addition to the teaching rooms, the TEFL course Madrid Spain program training centre also has a study room where you can do your course work. The centre is equipped with WIFI so, if you bring your WIFI ready PC, you can work in the study room with free internet access. We hope that you are looking forward to your TEFL course Madrid program.
TEFL course Madrid Spain accommodation options
Our student accommodation is clean, well priced and conveniently located to the training centre.
- All student accommodation offered is with a known entity.
- We know the people who provide the student accommodation.
- All accommodation is within a maximum of 30 minutes travel to the training centre.
- Some are within walking distance.
Student accommodation Madrid
Accommodation is included in our Silver and Road2Spain packages.
The TEFL course Madrid Spain program student accommodation package includes:
- 4 week’s student accommodation in a shared flat/apartment.
- The flats/apartments on offer are in respectable areas of Madrid.
- The flats are owned by ex-EBC students or by local residents that regularly attend our teaching practice classes given during the course.
- Organised weekly social activities
- FREE Welcome drinks (home-made Sangria!!)
- FREE Graduation party (open bar and “tapas”)
- Outings to local restaurants, bars, discos and flamenco shows
The 4 week student accommodation Madrid option is an all inclusive price.
There are no extra fees for utilities, deposits or finders fees. Meals are not included.
Choose one of the following:
- Private room in a shared apartment
- Stay with a selected local family
Airport pick up 75€ (available but not recommended as public transport costs 2€)
- Airport pickup is optional but not recommended
- FYI: It’s about a 2 Euro ride from the airport to down-town Madrid by safe public transport.
Check more accommodation options
If you prefer to arrange your own accommodation, look at our TEFL course Madrid student accommodation finder page.
Join our growing EBC family
To become an English teacher all that is required is some of your time to take one of our EBC training courses. Once you graduate, EBC gives you lifetime, worldwide career support that will get you working quickly and will always be there for you when you want a change.