Average pay rates for teaching English in Madrid are between 15€ to 20€ per hour for academies and up to 25€ per hour for Business English. Your earnings compared to other workers in Madrid are at the higher end. So far, all students that have studied with EBC and then wanted to stay on and work have done so.
Should EBC y Asociados not have any jobs immediately available when you graduate, we have direct contacts with many local language schools. All graduates from the EBC TEFL course Madrid Spain program will be given lifetime job assistance worldwide.
It is easy to find jobs teaching English in Madrid if you have a recognised certificate
- Madrid has the greatest demand for native English teachers in the whole of Spain.
- The UK and Ireland are the only countries in the European Union (EU) where English is the mother tongue. There aren’t enough native English teachers in Spain, which is why 60% of the people that take our course are NOT from the EU.
- EBC is always being asked for teachers by language schools as early as the first week of a new course.
- All EBC TEFL course Madrid program graduates, EU and non-EU, are usually working within a week of finishing the course at full market rates.
Will I get hired after completing the TEFL course Madrid Spain program?
Based on our track record so far, YES you will. We don’t guarantee a job but so far, everyone who has taken the course and has wanted to stay, and work has done get a job teaching English in Madrid has done so. This is regardless of what passport the person holds. If you’re not from the European Union and would like a stress-free year in Spain, discover our Road2Spain package that includes a one year Student Visa that will allow you to work up to 20 hours a week.
Guaranteed one-year English teaching job with your EBC Trinity CertTESOL
Enrol in our Madrid Trinity CertTESOL course and after you graduate with your EBC Trinity CertTESOL certificate you can work in a Madrid state/public or chartered school with good pay and conditions.
You can take advantage of this great opportunity if you meet these job requirements:
- You get private health insurance or a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC);
- You get a clean police report;
- You have a degree or proof that you are attending university; and
- You are a native English speaker from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK or the USA.
If you do not meet these requirements, you cannot get the guaranteed job.
Join our growing EBC family
To become an English teacher all that is required is some of your time to take one of our EBC TEFL courses. Once you graduate, EBC gives you lifetime, worldwide career support that will get you working quickly and will always be there for you when you want a change.
“Professor John was an amazing mentor that really prepared my classmates and I to teach English. HOWEVER- My fellow classmates and I never met the owner–the only day she came into the office she was cursing at the employees and being extremely unprofessional. I’m doing the road 2 Spain program and they also sent me to the wrong language school. While the actual TEFL instructor is very professional and helpful, the rest of the staff is very unprofessional and unorganized.”
“The class was very good. The instructor John is friendly and very thorough with his classes. William, in the front office, is a joy and is very helpful with all of my course needs. Tita, is very nice and was helpful in explaining different options for working and staying in Madrid.”
“I learned a lot of strategies in teaching.I took the intensive 1 month course and it was really hard work but it was well worth it. Thanks a lot to our amazing teacher. I was so happy to receive my Certificate.Thanks alot EBC for everything.”
–Ihiz Velasco Cabales