Accredited online TESOL certification, live virtual classroom
200 hour Trinity CertTESOL accredited online TESOL certification. Trinity College London accredited.
Up to 60 university credits. Worldwide and British Council acceptance. Job placement assistance.
Learn how to teach English and get an English teaching job
Okay, you want to learn how to teach English as a foreign language and get a teaching job abroad, at home or online.
- Have you been doing your research to find the TEFL course that best suits what you want?
- Do you feel bombarded with TEFL course information and wind up even more confused?
- How much money are you prepared to waste on a second-rate online TEFL certificate?
We get it. The internet is full of information, but how can you check it, verify it and spend your money wisely?
This course is a UK government-regulated qualification.
We back up our TEFL course promises with facts and evidence that you can check on government websites.
200 hour Trinity CertTESOL course
- An Ofqual level 5 accredited dual certification in TESOL and TEFL course
- An intensive, practical, thorough course for people with little or no English teaching experience or no formal TEFL training
- Learn the principles of successful English teaching and the essential practical skills needed to teach effectively
- Learn by doing with a significant amount of time on supervised group teaching practice, peer group practice and observed individual teaching practice
- Learn in small groups (8 trainees) with our Trinity College London authorised trainers
- Dual certification in TESOL and TEFL
- Includes worldwide, lifetime job placement
- Optional upgrade to include a one-year Spanish programme with a one-year Student Visa
If you want to teach English abroad, at home or online, you need a highly-respected and valued TEFL certificate. Many teaching job listings name the Trinity CertTESOL qualification as a requirement. The Trinity CertTESOL is one of two global TEFL certificate leaders; the other is CELTA.
EBC is proud to be a Trinity College London Trusted and Validated Course Provider and part of the world’s largest non-profit educational organisations.
Trinity CertTESOL course reviews
Here are some reviews from course graduates.
Bonus material worth €100
- We include free educational material as a bonus that helps you develop as an English teacher.
- We don’t include country and travel brochures because you can get the real deal free from Trip Advisor.
English Grammar Guide
As an English teacher, you will need to know English grammar. Most non-English speaking countries expect their English teachers to understand English grammar. If you have never been taught English grammar like most people from English-speaking countries, EBC is here to help.
You get our 94 page English Grammar Guide (27 Euro value) with explanations, exercises and an answer sheet included with this course.
Teaching Business English Guide
Many English teachers want to teach Business English but don’t know how to. The EBC Teaching Business English Guide explains what teaching business English is all about. How to prepare, methods to follow, how to assess student needs, five excellent role-play lessons, writing company progress reports and much more.
You get our 97 page Teaching Business English Guide (73 Euro value) included with this course.
Schedule: course dates, prices, outline, etc.
- Make a one-time payment of €1,290
- or pay a €325 deposit then a €965 final payment
- Four-week Trinity CertTESOL course
- Trinity CertTESOL certificate
- EBC International TEFL Certificate
- Worldwide, lifetime and proactive job placement
Road2Spain – course + one-year Spanish and Student Visa programme
- €2,440 = 1,290 € TEFL course + 1,150 € Barcelona Spanish Programme
- €2,575 = 1,290 € TEFL course + 1,285 € Madrid Spanish Programme
- €2,768 = 1,290 € TEFL course + 1,478 € Malaga Spanish Programme
- €2,854 = 1,290 € TEFL course + 1,564 € San Sebastian Spanish Programme
- Four-week Trinity CertTESOL course + One-year Spanish Programme with a Student Visa
- Trinity CertTESOL certificate
- EBC International TEFL Certificate
- Worldwide, lifetime and proactive job placement
- One-year Spanish student visa
- One-year Spanish course at a Cervantes Institute school
- You choose your start date and pay for your one-year Spanish and Student Visa programme AFTER finishing the course.
- The Cervantes Institute Spanish school sends you the student visa documents after receiving your payment.
1 – Fill out and send your application
- Please go to our application web page.
- Follow the four easy steps in the application process where you will enter your email address, choose the course you would like to take, select your preferred course date, and tell us a little about yourself: your education, your interests, your expectations and your reasons for wanting to be an English teacher.
- If your application is accepted, we will arrange an admission interview with you.
2 – Attend your admission interview
IMPORTANT: This course is a UK government-regulated qualification, so it must meet official quality controls, one of which is the admission interview. Trinity College London will not allow you to take the course if you do not take and pass the admission interview.
- We will arrange an admission interview time with you.
- You can choose ZOOM, WhatsApp, Skype or Viber for the admission interview.
- The interview has seven standard questions, a short English test and a hand-written piece of around 200 words describing why you would like to be an English teacher.
- The interviewer writes down your answers, take notes and comments on your verbal ability, comprehension and ability to reason logically.
- If you pass the interview, you receive an acceptance letter and instructions for enrolling on the course.
3 – Enrol
- When you get your acceptance letter, we strongly recommend sending your deposit to guarantee your course place. We allocate course places on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When you have guaranteed your place, your dedicated student adviser will give you all the information you need for the course and travel (if you are travelling).
NOTE: Your admission’s interview file is registered with Trinity College London and audited by the Trinity College London appointed external course moderator at the end of your course.
This course prepares you to:
- teach English as a foreign language (TEFL)
- teach English to speakers of other languages (TESOL)
The course also includes lifetime, worldwide job placement that helps you get an English teaching job whenever you want.
When you graduate, you will:
- get a Trinity CertTESOL, one of the world’s two leading accredited TESOL certificates
- get an EBC International TEFL Certificate
- be a qualified English teaching professional capable of getting English teaching jobs almost anywhere in the world;
- understand language use and analysis;
- be knowledgeable of teaching theory and its practical application;
- know how to manage your classroom;
- be able to identify student learning difficulties and develop remedial action plans;
- know how to plan, design and develop and deliver effective lessons;
- be able to teach in both a TEFL and TESOL classroom environment.
The course has five foundation units. You must pass all of them to pass the course.
Unit 1: Teaching skills – You get assessed through your trainer’s evaluation of your six teaching hours with Genuine English language learners. A journal including your lesson plans, with self-evaluation and tutor evaluation. You write a journal covering your reflective comments following the observation of four hours of ESOL teaching by experienced teachers.
Unit 2: Language awareness – This is assessed by your grade on a language test covering grammar and phonology. Your trainer also evaluates your use of spoken and written English in your coursework.
Unit 3: Learner profile – You get assessed by preparing a simple linguistic profile and needs analysis, including some basic phonemic transcription, of an English language learner. The planning of and reflection on a one-to-one lesson that you arrange and teach. The preparation of recommendations for the learner’s future language development.
Unit 4: Materials assignment – You get assessed through a written rationale for developing one piece of teaching material. A Trinity moderator interviews you to discuss the above and how materials development is beneficial to the development of teaching skills.
Unit 5: Unknown language – You get assessed through a journal covering your reflective comments on four hours’ unknown language training you get from the point of view of the beginner. This includes an analysis of the critical aspects of methods and classroom management that affect you positively and negatively.
|1||Monday||Welcome||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 5: unknown language learning|
|2||Tuesday||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 2: language awareness|
|3||Wednesday||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 3: learner profile, unit 5: unknown language learning|
|4||Thursday||Teaching practice 1||Observed teaching practice 1, unit 1: teaching skills|
|5||Friday||Teaching practice 2||Observed teaching practice 2, unit 1: teaching skills, Unit 4: materials assignment|
|6||Monday||Upload coursework||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 2: language awareness, unit 4: materials assignment, unit 5: Unknown language learning|
|7||Tuesday||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 2: language awareness|
|8||Wednesday||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 5: unknown language learning|
|9||Thursday||Teaching practice 3||Observed teaching practice 3, unit 1: teaching skills|
|10||Friday||Teaching practice 4||Observed teaching practice 4, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 4: materials assignment|
|11||Monday||Upload coursework||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 3: learner profile, unit 4: materials assignment|
|12||Tuesday||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 2: language awareness, unit 3: learner profile|
|13||Wednesday||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 3: learner profile|
|14||Thursday||Teaching practice 5||Observed teaching practice 5, unit 1: teaching skills|
|15||Friday||Teaching practice 6||Observed teaching practice 6, unit 1: teaching skills|
|16||Monday||Upload coursework||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 2: language awareness, All units: corrections and completion|
|17||Tuesday||Language awareness test||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 2: language awareness test|
|18||Wednesday||Job workshop||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, unit 2: language skills, job workshop, finalise and upload all your coursework|
|19||Thursday||Moderation interview preparation||Live classes, unit 1: teaching skills, end of course survey|
|20||Friday||Your external moderation assessment and interview||Group interview, individual interview, unit 4: materials assignment external assessment|
Apply for this course and get a gift
Get exclusive, invitation-only access to our learning platform containing extra teaching information after applying for this course.
We will gift you our Introduction to TESOL and TEFL course valued at €27. It’s an excellent and informative online, five-unit mini-course that explains:
- Why English is an essential global language and why accredited English teachers are always in demand
- English teaching acronyms and what they mean
- What it takes to become an accredited, successful English teacher
- What teaching business English is all about
- What you need to know about getting an English teaching job anywhere in the world
|Certification:||Trinity CertTESOL + EBC International TEFL Certificate|
|Accreditation level:||Ofqual level 5|
|Course dates and prices:||Check the schedule|
|Course location:||Live online classroom|
|Duration:||Four weeks, Monday to Friday|
|Live class times:||3 PM to 7 PM CET|
|Teaching practice:||Weeks 1, 2 and 3, Thursday and Friday|
|Language examination:||The last Tuesday|
|External moderation:||The last Friday|
|University credits:||Up to 60|
|Automatic British Council acceptance:||Yes|
|Price per hour||€6.45|
Links to the facts we promised
- Please get in touch with Trinity College London to verify our Validated Course Provider status and ask them questions about us. Our Validated Course Provider number is 65747.
- Our course is the Trinity CertTESOL.
- Here is the UK Government Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) page showing that Trinity College London (TCL) is recognised by Ofqual and the
- Here is the UK Government Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) page showing that the Trinity CertTESOL is an Ofqual level 5 qualification.
- The Trinity CertTESOL is one of two TEFL certificates accepted by the British Council, another prestigious global educational and cultural organisation.