If you are reading this post, you may be:
- a practising English teacher
- a Trinity CertTESOL graduate with prior teaching experience
- a graduate of another TEFL school with at least two years of English teaching experience
You now want an official certification with global recognition and acceptance by reputable learning institutions and the British Council. You are a confident English teacher wanting to evolve, grow and take things to a higher level in your English teaching career.
Maybe you are seriously considering signing up for a CPD (Continuing Professional Development) course and want a gold-standard certificate. Your TEFL certificate was enough for some language schools. Still, when you had an opportunity to work for established and long-standing language institutions, they did not accept your TEFL certificate. However, because some language schools accepted your non-Trinity College TEFL certificate, you were able to tuck two years of teaching work under your belt! But now, you are at a crossroads. Do you want to evolve into writing course material or books? Do you feel stuck, and you need to have better teaching material? Do you want to write EFL/ESL material for a living?
The online Trinity CertPT course is your new best friend!
Concerned about online courses? Don’t be because in a 2019 student survey conducted by “Wiley”:
- 84% thought that online education was worth the cost (only 6% disagreed with 11% undecided)
- 89% thought online instruction is as good as or superior to their face-to-face experience
You’ve studied mainly face-to-face, but you want to do the Trinity CertPT course online because you don’t have a lot of experience studying/teaching online, if at all. You are also working, so you need a flexible, part-time CPD course to help you advance in your teaching career.
You can carry on with your job as an English teacher while earning your Ofqual level 6, Masters level Trinity CertPT certificate in your own time. The course duration is six weeks, you have 10 hours of tutorials with your tutor and your classmates, but the time for these tutorials is subject to the best time for all of you. The tutorial time is not set. You can arrange the most convenient time with your tutor.
If you are new to online, virtual classroom training, being a little apprehensive at the beginning is normal, even if you are tech-savvy. However, taking your Ofqual 6, Masters level CertPT course online instead of face-to-face has excellent advantages. Here are five benefits of studying your Trinity CertPT online:
- Career advancement and hobbies
Studying online gives you more flexibility. You can easily fit your work schedule (and hobbies) around your coursework. In addition, you can learn and interact with your tutor instructor and your classmates at your own pace throughout the course. When you finish your online CertPT course, you will have gained more work experience and learned new skills that will help you advance in your career!
- Flexible schedule and environment by studying online, you choose your learning environment that works best for your needs: be it your bedroom, your study, the café across the street, or your local gym, listening to your tutor’s tutorial as you run on the treadmill. Isn’t that awesome? Taking your online CertPT course also means that you don’t have to commute to class, which means less time spent on the train and more study time sitting on your couch, the sound of a crackling fireplace in the background. In addition, you don’t have to worry about driving in the snowstorm and missing an important class!
- Lower costs and debtsStudying the CertPT online means that you pay the course fee, and that’s it! You don’t have to incur additional living expenses, transport costs, housing (which can range from 1,500 – 2,000 Euros) for a six-week face to face course in Madrid, which translates to lower debts and more savings.
- Self-discipline and responsibility, who says that being more self-disciplined is a disadvantage? Studying online indeed requires more self-motivation and time-management skills. You will spend a lot of time on your own without someone physically close to keep you focused on deadlines. Look at it this way: your online CertPT course will not only update, improve and enrich your professional teaching practice, but it will also draw upon your existing knowledge of teaching practice and theory, promote the acquisition and refinement of the specialist skills needed to develop effective and engaging teaching resources, but it will also help you become more self-motivated, a trait that will make you stand out in the workplace and beyond. Your CertPT certificate will look great on your CV/résumé.
- More choice of course topics, let’s face it when thinking about what to study, besides for interest and career opportunities, where to study is also a deciding factor. This may limit the choice of courses to take. Studying online at your convenience allows you not to worry about class location when deciding what to learn next. There are four online CertPT courses on offer. Say you decided to start with the CertPT Business English course. You can focus on your learning interests and choose from EBC’s range of online Trinity CertPT courses and programmes as you go along.