Student Visa renewal

You are a non-EU citizen and you want to study, live and teach in Madrid. You will need a student visa. We have been instrumental in thousands of our non-EU graduates getting a student visa to study for the Trinity College CertTESOL certificate course in Madrid.

If you are from the USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, you do not need a visa to come to Spain. However, you should get a Student Visa if ALL the following apply to you:

  • You want to take the EBC Trinity College CertTESOL course + 1-year Spanish language programme
  • You are not from the European Union
  • You want to study full-time (20+ hours per week) in Spain for more than 3 months and you want to stay in Spain for at least 1 year after your course.

What are my chances of getting a student visa for Spain?

Students from European Union countries do not need a visa to study in Spain. Other countries with international agreements with the European Union will find it a lot easier to obtain a long term student visa. These countries include: the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

However, if you are not a citizen of the countries mentioned above, you can also get a student visa as long as you meet the requirements set by the Spanish Embassy in your country. To save you time and hassle, please contact us before applying for one of our courses, and we will inform you of your chances of going ahead with your student visa application.

It is important to note that the letter of invitation required to obtain your student visa will only be issued after the full amount of the course has been paid.


You want to stay in Madrid (who doesn’t?) but your student visa is expiring.

Talk to us at EBC and we’ll take you through the process step by step. No need to go back to your country of origin, we’ll get that student visa renewal right here in Madrid.

Enrol in our Madrid Trinity CertTESOL and Spanish programme and we will give you all the documentation you need to renew your student visa.

The added benefits of renewing with EBC are:

  1. Become a Trinity College CertTESOL certified EFL/ESL teacher. The Trinity College CertTESOL is one of only two certificates recognised and accepted by the British Council;
  2. Enjoy the unique, worldwide and lifetime job placement service, an exclusive service only available to EBC graduates;
  3. Avail of a guaranteed English teaching job in a Madrid state/public or chartered school once you meet their entry conditions;
  4. Learn Spanish for 1 year in one of the oldest and most established Instituto Cervantes accredited Spanish school; and
  5. Renew your student visa quickly and without any complications.

Apply now for the EBC Trinity CertTESOL

TEFL and Spanish programme content

  • The four-week Trinity CertTESOL and EBC TEFL course
  • Trinity CertTESOL certificate
  • EBC International TEFL certificate
  • All learning material and Trinity College accreditation and moderation fees
  • Welcome party, organised social events and graduation party
  • Guaranteed TEFL and TESOL job interviews upon graduation
  • Worldwide, lifetime job placement
  • WIFI, study area, coffee area, English teaching resource books
  • The Spanish course based on your Spanish language level
  • A one academic year Spanish course.
  • Spanish classes with a well-established, Cervantes Institute Accredited school
  • Spanish language level test to ensure you get the right course for your language level
  • All Spanish learning material
  • One cultural activity per week
  • Final examination
  • Certificate issued by a Cervantes Institute Accredited school
  • WIFI, study area, coffee area, Spanish book & video library
  • Money back guaranteed student visa for Spain

Join our growing EBC family

To become an English teacher all that is required is some of your time to take one of our EBC TEFL courses. Once you graduate, EBC gives you lifetime, worldwide career support that will get you working quickly and will always be there for you when you want a change.